Over the past two decades, the companies that are members of the CA Metal Recyclers Coalition have invested tens of millions of dollars in environmental improvements, all designed to minimize the environmental footprint of their facilities. In fact, the environmental safeguards and practices at these plants are now among the best and most advanced anywhere in the world.
These state-of-art environmental upgrades have occurred in the following categories:
- Installation of state-of-the-art air quality emission control systems for particulates and other regional air pollutants
- Installation of advanced stormwater treatment/retention systems
- Installation and expansion of paved operating areas
- Improved containment for in-process materials, including enclosure of shredder and material handling/conveyor systems
- Design and implementation of water storage and recycling/reuse systems
- Implementation of rigorous facility maintenance and housekeeping plans